Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson


The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest by Stieg Larsson
Millennium Trilogy, Book 3
Publisher: Vintage (November 2011)
577 pages, eBook (purchased myself in a Trilogy Bundle for $29.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Content Note: Includes Sexual Situations, Infidelity, Violence and Swearing
After the ending in the second book, I wondered how there would be much left to explore in this book, but I was not disappointed. Complications and devious plotting abound from the get-go, leading you through another satisfying story of action and suspense. The two main characters in this series, Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist, are by no means perfect, in fact both characters have many flaws. But, over the course of this series, I felt I knew them both so well that even their most glaring faults could be overlooked, despite my disapproval, as one might do for a long-time friend. There are so many layers of complexity both in the story and in the characters of this series, that you can't help but be intrigued. I thought everything was tied up in a satisfying conclusion, where all is revealed, without any loose ends left untended. This was a great series and highly recommended!


Movie Adaptations/Modern Retellings/Related Works:
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009)-English Dubbed
Noomi Rapace, Michael Nyqvist

Movie Rating: r

My Rating: 5 Stars

Adaption: Verbatim-Tweaked-Veiled
Eye Candy: Plain-Pretty-Sultry

No comments:

Post a Comment