Thursday, May 2, 2013

Odd Hours by Dean Koontz


Odd Hours by Dean Koontz
Odd Thomas Series, Book 4
Publisher: Bantam (April 2012)
370 pages, eBook (purchased myself in a four-book bundle for $31.99)
Book Rating: 3 Stars

Losing Elvis, and gaining the much less comforting presence of Sinatra, Odd is led into an anarchical nuclear conspiracy centered in a small coastal town, among other things inhabited by packs of ferocious coyotes. This was a bit too much for me. Too removed from the ordinary and too much left unexplained. Annamaria gave me the creeps, and Odd being just naive enough to fall into some horrid trap, meant I was worried about him even more than usual, since he didn't have anyone else to lean on through this other than her enigmatic statements. I'm not looking forward to Annamaria continuing with us to the next book in this series, Odd Apocalypse, but I'll survive it, because I do still care about what happens to Odd, poor guy. He better not become romantically involved with her EVER, because she isn't half as engaging as Stormy was and it would feel like a huge betrayal to Stormy after all he's said and done. And I hope at some point Odd gets to go back home to Pico Mundo, sans Annamaria, and resume fry cooking, the mundane ghosts are much more interesting then these barely escaped epic disasters. Anyway . . . moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment