Friday, March 21, 2014

Night Flight by Simon Collings

Night Flight by Simon Collings
5 pages, eBook
Where I Got It: EastoftheWeb.com
Story Rating: 4 Stars

Content Ratings:
Violence: Mild-Moderate-Brutal
Swearing: Clean-Light-Filthy
Sexual Content: White-Pink-Red

Gentle - Tranquil - Chummy

Summary:
Two people sit beside each other on a flight from India and get to chatting.
My Thoughts:
Nice little story of chance acquaintances and how close quarters can foster more intimacy than one had anticipated. The idea of what could be between the people is floated about with hints and I liked the undefined nature of what their time together meant. Perhaps just a good memory of a few hours engaging conversation.
Quotes:
“I am wondering if I should talk to her when the man in the window seat shows up and we have to let him in.” -Simon Collings, Night Flight
“The cabin is quiet, lights still dimmed, just the gentle sound of the air conditioning and the murmur of conversations.” -Simon Collings, Night Flight
“She snuggles down, lying beside me with her eyes closed, her head leaning towards me. I watch her profile in the dim glow of the darkened cabin, inhaling her perfume.” -Simon Collings, Night Flight

No comments:

Post a Comment