Friday, September 5, 2014

A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie

A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie
A Miss Marple Mystery, Book 10
Publisher: Witness Impulse (November 2013)
243 pages, eBook (purchased myself in a bundle for $59.99)
Book Rating: 5 Stars

Having embarked on a trip to the Caribbean, at the insistence of her nephew, Miss Marple finds she misses her small English village and the constant entertainment its inhabitants provide, when suddenly she finds herself with a front seat to a mysterious death. This is the first full-length Miss Marple novel I’ve read, and I kind of wish I hadn’t read it out of order, but this one is due to be on PBS soon, so oh well. Miss Marple is assisted by Dr. Graham and Mr. Rafiel, a wealthy man she meets at the hotel, in investigating this mystery, and there were a lot of interesting characters moving about. This kept me guessing to the end, and I didn’t find Miss Marple (a meddling old gossip) as irritating as I thought I would, actually I kind of liked her; she’s a sharp old thing and very subtle in her maneuvering. I look forward to reading more of her adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment