Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins


The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Hunger Games Trilogy, Book 1
Publisher: Scholastic Press (September 2009)
387 pages, eBook (purchased myself in a Trilogy Bundle for $18.99)
Book Rating: 4 Stars
Katniss Everdeen was honorable, strong-minded and courageous, but she also had a coldness and excessive pessimism about her, particularly toward Peeta, that I could not like. Even though I didn't much care for her as a character, I did enjoy this story. A very different world, presented in first person, and a story that holds you captive to the end. I look forward to reading the second book in this series, Catching Fire, and I hold out hope that I will warm to Katniss as the series continues.

Movie Adaptations/Modern Retellings/Related Works:
The Hunger Games (2012)
Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth

Movie Rating: PG-13

My Rating: 4 Stars

Adaption: Verbatim-Tweaked-Veiled
Eye Candy: Plain-Pretty-Sultry

No comments:

Post a Comment