Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Divergent Trilogy, Book 3
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (October 2013)
545 pages, eBook (purchased myself in a bundle for $14.99)
Book Rating: 3 Stars
Content Note: Includes Graphic Violence

Having traded one dictator for another, Tris, Tobias and a small group of people escape beyond the wall in search of freedom and the truth, only to find out their entire world was a lie and not only that, but they’ve stumbled onto a conflict between two struggling factions every bit as volatile as the one they left behind. Tris and Tobias continue to frustrate me with their lack of communication and the secrets. I really did not like the ending of this book, the painful part seemed unnecessary and depressing. I can understand a grand noble gesture, but that wasn’t even how it turned out, and I don’t think it was worth making everyone miserable for the rest of their lives, just to have that little twist at the end. I’d have much rather had a happily ever after ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment