Sunday, July 13, 2014

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Divergent Trilogy, Book 2
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books (October 2013)
545 pages, eBook (purchased myself in a bundle for $14.99)
Book Rating: 3 Stars
Content Note: Includes Graphic Violence

Everything is in upheaval as the various factions (and parts of factions) align with or against the Erudite and their malicious leader, Jeanine. Tris is suffering from PTSD and depression following the events of the simulation-induced attack, causing a strain on her relationship with Tobias, and an unhealthy obsession with sacrificing her life and leading to an indifference about her own death. I must say I wasn’t very impressed with Tris throughout most of this, she becomes even more immature and volatile then she had been in the first book, and her tendency to lie to/not confide in Tobias got really old. Tobias was reduced to following her around trying to save her from her own impulsiveness much of the time. I can’t really say I’m looking forward to the next book, but I will finish the series, because I can’t not finish. If you don’t mind quitting in the middle of a series, I’d just read Divergent and the five stories from Four’s perspective (Free Four, The Transfer, The Initiate, The Son and The Traitor), and call it good. But, maybe the last book will blow me away . . . it would be a nice surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment