Saturday, April 5, 2014

Essence and Attribute by Fernando Sorrentino

Essence and Attribute by Fernando Sorrentino
2 pages, eBook
Where I Got It: EastoftheWeb.com
Story Rating: 4 Stars

Content Ratings:
Violence: Mild-Moderate-Brutal
Swearing: Clean-Light-Filthy
Sexual Content: White-Pink-Red

Quirky - Bizarre - Ambiguous

Summary:
A man who becomes obsessed with a wart on his finger.
My Thoughts:
Very strange. I’m not sure if the narrator is crazy or merely became crazy over the course of the story . . . perhaps delusional.  Interesting how he fixates on it, without being worried about it.
Quotes:
“Proudly, fearfully, hesitatingly I exhibited him to my friends.” -Fernando Sorrentino, Essence and Attribute
“I scorned their words, I consulted with no one, I had nothing further to do with them, I gave myself over entirely to studying the evolution of the elephant.” -Fernando Sorrentino, Essence and Attribute
“At that time I was afraid I might disappear, cease to be me . . .” -Fernando Sorrentino, Essence and Attribute

No comments:

Post a Comment